Many times, the solution to the problem is right in front of your eyes, and you are not seeing it. You look for the solution in the wrong places, never thinking about looking in your pocket.
You will be surprised, but black seed oil is a remedy for hair growth that works like magic. There are many other ways black seed oil for hair helps, but we will stick to the hair growth process today.
Black seed oil is derived from black seeds. They are pressed from a flowering plant found in Western Asia, Eastern Europe, and Northern America called Nigella sativa.
Black seeds are also known as black caraway, nigella, and black cumin. One of the key components in black seed oil, thymoquinone, has antioxidant properties that help relieve inflammation, which is why the oil is beneficial for your hair.
You might think black seeds are something new and modern, but in fact, they have a long history of use. It is only lately that the Western world has caught up. Black seeds have been found in the tomb of Tutankhamen, presumably to help him in the afterlife.
Benefits of Black Seed Oil for Hair
According to several reviews and studies, black seeds are an ideal ingredient for cosmetics, but also for medicine. They have properties that our body craves, like antibacterial properties, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant.
These properties can help maintain scalp health by helping with issues like dandruff, dry scalp, and more. While there are not many clinical research studies that prove the theory, the practice does.
The black seed oil also helps with moisture in individual hair shafts. The reason is simple, the black seed oil is rich in fatty amino acids.
When diluted with a carrier oil, black seed oil can soothe any scalp condition that causes sensitivity, inflammation, and flakiness. In the same time, black seed oil will kill any viruses and fungal infections. For example, you can use oil for lice.
The best part is black seed oil is adjuvant, meaning it can work well with other ingredients, delivering a therapeutic effect. For example, you can put some of the diluted oil to your temples to ease any headaches.
What the science says
Not only black seed oil is verified by a number of happy customers, but science also backs up some of the claims as well. We mentioned previously that the main active ingredient is thymoquinone. It is an antioxidant that also has anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties.
One study, conducted by an Italian team, confirmed that 70% of the participants experienced improvement of hair density and hair thickness after using the oil for six months.
DIY Black Seed Oil Hair Growth Remedy
Now that we know the benefits of black seed oil for hair, and what the science says, let’s move on to the recipes for how to use black seed oil.
This recipe is designed for those who want to improve hair growth, but also hair thickness. If you experience thinning edges, this is the mask you can try.
Here is how to do it.
- Start by putting 5 cups of water and 2 handfuls of black seeds into a bowl
- Boil for 10 minutes, and then allow the solution to cool down
- Strain the seeds, and then pour the black seed water into a glass jar
- Add one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, and mix together
- Massage the mixture to the scalp two times per week. Let the solution stay in your hair for 30 to 60 minutes before washing the hair
- You can store the mixture in the fridge for two weeks at most. After that, you need to prepare a new mixture. But don’t worry, you will probably use it before
DIY Black Seed Oil for Hair
Here is another recipe on how to prepare a hair mask for hair growth with black seed oil. This recipe has been passed on with generations.
It is much more potent than regular cold-pressed black seed oil you can buy at the health store.
For this remedy, you will need 1 tablespoon of black seeds, 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds, 200ml coconut oil, 50ml castor oil, and a glass bottle to mix the ingredients together.
- Start by grinding the black seeds and fenugreek seeds in a grinder. You need powder consistency
- Place the powdered seeds in a glass jar or glass bottle and add coconut and castor oil. Stir well
- Place the glass bottle on a windowsill that gets the most sunlight. Leave it there for 2 to 3 weeks. Stir the oil every two days so that the oil and the seeds marinate together
- After 3 weeks, strain the oil and apply to your scalp. Massage it well, and then leave it in your hair for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly
Black Seed Oil and Carrier Oil
If you don’t have a severe hair loss problem, you do not need such a potent solution. Instead, you can get away with just a simple mix of black seed essential oil and carrier oil. But if you have something close to baldness, this simple solution might not help.
- Mix one tablespoon of black seed essential oil and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Heat the mixture for a few seconds in a microwave until it is slightly warm
- Massage the oil into the scalp for 15 minutes. Then work through the entire length of your hair
- Leave the oil in your hair for 30 more minutes
- Wash with regular shampoo. Repeat two times per week
This remedy works for people with normal hair. Thanks to the penetrative properties of coconut oil, the black seed oil will get deep into your hair shafts and stimulate hair growth.
Black Seed and Castor Oil for Hair Growth
Castor oil is known for its ability to promote hair growth. If you want a more potent solution, you can mix it with black seed oil. This is a simple way to promote hair growth. Thanks to the moisturizing properties of castor oil, this treatment is recommended for people with dry hair.
You will get quite the nourishment of your hair, thanks to the vitamin E, minerals, protein, and omega fatty acids in castor and black seed oil.
- Mix half a tablespoon of castor oil, and one and a half tablespoon of black seed oil. Combine them in a bowl
- Massage the oil blend into the scalp. Focus on areas that are losing hair, and then work from the roots to the tips
- Leave the oil to work its magic for 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the severity of your problem
- Wash off with a regular shampoo