Every woman wants healthy looking skin. No matter how old you are, you still want a youthful skin. And that is not easy to achieve. The wear and tear of your daily stressed life take its toll. And while there are some cosmetic products you can use, we suggest you try a honey face wash instead.
Raw honey is incredibly beneficial for your skin. The main reason for that is raw honey has antibacterial properties and a good amount of antioxidants.
Washing your face with honey might be the single best skin care routine you can add to your daily skin care. Honey might sound strange, but there are stranger beauty treatments.
What kind of honey to use?
In the United States, there are more than 300 different types of honey. Each of them has a unique flavor, and a distinct color depending on the blossoms visited by the honey bees. Now, each honey has its own unique benefits as well.
When it comes to honey for honey face wash, we recommend two types, and those are manuka honey and raw organic honey. Both of them work really well.
Manuka is considered one of the best cleansing honey products and has very potent antibacterial properties. Organic raw honey is a bit cheaper. When using honey for face wash, you can use slightly lesser quality honey than what you consume as food.
How to use honey as a face mask?
This is the simplest and easiest way to do a honey face wash. We will talk about other treatments as well, and what you can add to modify the treatment. But as a general rule of thumb, here is a step by step guide how to wash your face with honey.
- Wash your face with warm water
- Get a small amount of honey in your hands, usually, a teaspoon is more than enough, and rub your hands together
- Massage the honey into your skin using your hands in a circular motion. Make sure to reach all areas
- Leave the honey on your skin for 10 minutes to allow it to penetrate deep into your pores and cleanse them
- Wash off with warm water, and then pat your face dry. Enjoy your soft and balanced skin
While the honey face wash is more than enough to get glowing skin, some people always something extra. There are a few bonus ingredients you can add to the mixture.
Here are some.
- Add vitamin C if you want more acne-fighting power and antioxidants
- Add cinnamon if you have oily or inflamed skin, less than half a teaspoon to the honey before massaging to your face. If you do not have oily skin, do not add cinnamon, as it is strong and can be drying
- Lemon is great for age spots or dark patches on your skin. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the honey
- If you want to balance your skin, add 2 drops of organic lavender essential oil to a teaspoon of honey, and then massage it into your skin
Other honey treatments for skin
Honey is one of the best things you can apply on your skin, not only on your face. In addition to the honey face wash, you can try other treatments that are beneficial for your skin.
Here are some.
During the winter, your skin dries even more. Once the winter months begin, you can turn to honey to soothe your skin.
Add two cups of honey to a running bath to create a soothing environment.
Soak in the bath for 15 minutes, and then add a cup of baking soda for another 15 minutes.
This will help you get rid of dead skin cells, and prevent any irritation.
You can also use honey to prepare a gentle scrub. Use it to exfoliate your skin and remove dead skin cells.
Mix two parts honey and one part baking soda. You can use this recipe to exfoliate your skin from head to toe. There are no limits.
If you have just one or two acne on your face, you can try spot treatment instead of a honey wash.
Get a swab of honey, and apply it lightly over the breakouts.
Sleep, and in the morning, you will awake to less-stressed skin.
You can mix honey with tea tree oil for a bit more potent solution.
Honey can be great for removing makeup. It is one of the more gentle cleansers you can get on the market. Honey is great at dissolving makeup, especially when mixed with some oils and spices.
Mix honey and coconut oil (jojoba oil works fine as well). Once you have a slippery texture, just slide it across your face.
If you want an aromatic treat, add some cinnamon or nutmeg.
Massage the mixture over your face, and then wipe it off to remove all of the makeup. This treatment will also provide some much-needed moisture to your skin.
Honey skin benefits
As mentioned previously, most of the skin benefits of honey come from its antibacterial properties. Applying honey on your face on a daily basis has a number of great benefits. It can help with treating acne and dark spots. But honey also treats issues like dry skin.
Here is a quick breakdown of the benefits of honey for your skin.
- Fights acne as honey absorbs the impurities trapped in the skin pores and acts as a cleansing agent
- Help treat wrinkles and other aging symptoms
- Honey can moisturize the top layers of the skin, which soothes dry, sensitive, and irritated skin
- Honey contains antioxidants and can help delay skin aging
- Can help in the treatment of acne scars
- Penetrates deep into your pores and cleanses your skin
- In the same way honey helps with dry skin, it can also help soften chapped and cracked lips
- Helps whiten the skin
- Manuka honey works great for eliminating warts
- Removes dirt and grime without stripping the natural oils