Ja Morant, the young NBA prodigy, has not only gained widespread recognition for his outstanding performance on the basketball court but also for his unique and trendy hairstyles. Known for his innovative dreadlocks and various styling experiments, Ja Morant’s hair has become a popular topic of discussion among fans and fashion enthusiasts alike. In this comprehensive guide, we delve into the evolution of Ja Morant hair, its various styles, and how you can achieve these iconic looks. Let’s get started!
Ja Morant’s Hair Evolution
The Early Days: Afro and Twists
Before Ja Morant rose to fame in the NBA, he sported a more traditional Afro hairstyle during his time at Murray State College. This voluminous and bouncy look suited the young athlete as he made a name for himself on the basketball court. As his career progressed, Ja Morant transitioned from the Afro to twists, which not only gave him a fresh new look but also served as a protective style and a precursor to his now-iconic dreadlocks.
The NBA Debut: Shoulder-Length Dreads
Upon joining the NBA, Ja Morant’s hair underwent another transformation, with the young star now sporting shoulder-length dreads. These traditional 4B strand dreads quickly became a signature look for Ja, making him easily recognizable both on and off the court. Ja’s dreads are often praised for their unique color combinations, featuring coils dyed in different hues at the front.
The Present-Day Look: Free-Form Locs
Today, Ja Morant’s hair is defined by free-form locs, a style characterized by its natural, unstructured appearance. This versatile style is well-suited for Ja’s 4B hair type and requires minimal maintenance while allowing for a plethora of styling options. From braids and twists to cornrows and dread buns, the possibilities are endless for those looking to emulate Ja Morant’s hair.
6 Iconic Ja Morant Hair Styles
- Middle-Length Dreads: During his rookie year, Ja Morant rocked middle-length dreads, effortlessly styled into multiple coils. This look is perfect for those growing out their hair, as it showcases both growth and density.
- Part Cornrows: Ja Morant has also been known to sport part cornrows, a style that combines the sleekness of cornrows with the versatility of dreads. This eye-catching look is ideal for those with thick, Afro-textured hair.
- Curtain Style Multi-Color Coils: Another popular Ja Morant hair look is the curtain style multi-color coils, which involves dividing the hair into two sections and twisting the dreads into vibrant, playful coils.
- Middle Part Duo Tone Dreads: Similar to the curtain style, the middle part duo tone dreads feature a middle part with twisted dreads, resulting in a voluminous and textured appearance. This look can be achieved with the help of a professional hairstylist, who can create the perfect balance between length and volume.
- Dread Bun: The dread bun is a practical and stylish option for those with lengthy dreads like Ja Morant. This look not only keeps the hair in place but also prevents strain on the dreads, making it an excellent choice for athletes and active individuals.
- Blowout Afro Hair: Before embracing his signature dreads, Ja Morant sported a blowout Afro hairdo. This voluminous and playful look is an excellent option for those with Afro-textured hair and can be easily achieved with the right styling tools and products.
How to Achieve Ja Morant’s Hairstyles
Achieving Ja Morant hair may seem challenging, but with the right approach, products, and professional guidance, you too can rock these iconic styles. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Consult a professional hairstylist: If you’re looking to achieve Ja Morant’s dreadlocks or other intricate styles, it’s best to consult a professional hairstylist who specializes in Afro-textured hair.
- Invest in quality hair products: To maintain the health and appearance of your dreads or other Ja Morant-inspired styles, invest in high-quality shampoos, conditioners, and styling products specifically designed for Afro-textured hair.
- Practice regular hair care: Regardless of the style you choose, it’s essential to practice regular hair care, including washing, moisturizing, and oiling your scalp, to maintain the health and growth of your hair.
- Be patient and embrace the process: Achieving Ja Morant’s hairstyles may require time, patience, and dedication, so be prepared for the journey and enjoy the process of transforming your hair.
Ja Morant’s hair has become an iconic symbol of the young NBA star’s unique style and personality. From twists and dreads to cornrows and dread buns, the versatility of his hairstyles makes them a popular choice for individuals with Afro-textured hair. By following the tips and guidelines outlined in this comprehensive guide, you too can achieve Ja Morant hair and make a bold statement both on and off the basketball court.