Aging is inevitable. There is no running from it. There is no way around it. It can start subtle and small, like a stray gray hair or two. And then it continues with wrinkles around the eyes, wrinkles on your forehead, and before you know it, your skin looks aged and old. That is life, but it doesn’t have to be your story.
If you care for your skin, you can delay the aging. You can slow down the aging process significantly, and you can do that with natural treatments for anti-aging.
You might be inclined to look for some cosmetic products, but natural is just as good. And they carry no side effects.
With that in mind, we want to show you an arsenal of natural anti-aging skin treatments you can employ to slow down the process of aging considerably.
Look at it as a blessing.
Milk cream, egg white, and lemon juice
When you want to fight off anti-aging symptoms, you want to utilize as many ingredients as you can. Egg whites are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and protein, milk cream also has some fatty acids, and lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and astringent properties.
Combine all of them, and you have a potent mask where all ingredients work together to remove wrinkles. The result is skin free of impurities. Your skin will look beautifully radiant.
- Start by separating one egg white from the yolk. Whisk it in a bowl
- Add a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and half a teaspoon of refrigerated milk cream
- Mix all the ingredients for a minute or two, or until you have a foamy textured paste
- Apply the paste on your face, and let it stay there for 15 minutes. You can use a brush to apply the mask or your fingertips
- Rinse with cool water after 15 minutes. Repeat 2 times per week
The best way to deal with aging symptoms is to put some honey on your face. Honey has antibacterial properties, and it is the best moisturizer found in nature.
It is well known that honey can help fight off wrinkles, and keep your skin moisturized and clean. In the same time, honey repairs the damage done to your skin by dirt, debris, pollutants, and everything else.
- Apply 2 tablespoons of honey on your face and neck. Massage the honey into your skin to let it penetrate for two minutes
- Leave the mask on your face for 20 minutes, and then rinse with water. Repeat every day
Rose water, glycerin, and lemon juice
Rose water is the next big thing in the beauty industry at the moment. It is slowly becoming one of the most popular natural remedies for skin care. It helps balance the pH level of the skin and regenerate skin cells.
In addition, you have lemon juice acting as an astringent and removing dead skin cells. Glycerin is here to help you hydrate your skin and remove fine lines and similar aging symptoms.
- Put 2 teaspoons of refrigerated rose water in a bowl. Add half a teaspoon of lemon juice and 4 drops of glycerin
- Stir all the ingredients with a spoon
- Using a cotton ball, apply the mixture on your face
- Leave the mask on your face for 20 minutes, and then rinse with cool water
- You can repeat the treatment every other day before going to bed
Rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, strawberries can help remove impurities from your skin pores. In the same time, they nourish the skin from within and improve the elasticity of your skin. All of these benefits slow down the aging process.
- You need 4 fresh and ripe strawberries. Wash them under running water. Grind to make a smooth paste
- Ensure there are no lumps in the paste before applying to the face
- Apply to your facial skin using your fingertips
- Leave the mask for 15 minutes, and then rinse with cool water
- Repeat 1 to 2 times per week
Potatoes are also a good source of vitamin C. They might seem like an unconventional treatment, but they are quite effective in reducing symptoms like wrinkles and fine lines.
Potatoes also help your skin regenerate collagen that has been damaged. In the same time, potatoes prevent loss of skin elasticity.
- Grate one potato and then squeeze the juice out of it
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice, and then apply the juice on your face
- Leave it to stay for 15 minutes, and then rinse with cool water
- Repeat two times per week
Coconut milk has anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe and calm your skin. In the same time, coconut contains antioxidants that can fight off aging symptoms like wrinkles.
- Put 3 tablespoons of coconut milk in a bowl. Mix it well
- Using a cotton ball, apply the coconut milk on your face
- Leave the mask for 20 minutes, and then rinse with cool water. Repeat 3 times per week for maximum results
Rich in healthy fats and acids, avocado can diminish fine line and wrinkles. What you are left with is a radiant skin that is free of any damage and pollutants. Avocado also contains vitamin C that stimulates collagen production, a key aspect in keeping your skin youthful.
- Remove the pit, and then grate half an avocado into a paste
- Apply as a mask on your face
- Leave the mask to stay for 20 minutes, and then rinse with cool water.
- Alternatively, you can massage your skin with slices of chilled avocado from the freezer
When it comes to natural ingredients for anti-aging skin treatments, aloe vera is on top of the list. There is a reason why the gel from this plant is in almost every skin cream and lotion. It works. Aloe vera helps by improving the elasticity of your skin and slowing down the aging process.
- Take one aloe vera leaf, peel, and extract the juice
- Mash the gel to make a smooth paste
- Apply on your face and leave it for 20 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water, and repeat 2 times per week
Try some essential oils
Essential oils are becoming more and more popular with each passing day. They are great for reducing wrinkles. For this remedy, you will need 5 drops of each sandalwood oil, rose geranium oil, jasmine oil, neroli oil, frankincense oil.
- Mix all of the essential oils in a clean bottle
- Apply 2 drops of the mixture on your skin and massage it in
- Repeat every day before going to bed and leave the skin to soak the oils
Tips to practice
In addition to applying homemade anti-aging skin treatments, you should also practice some lifestyle habits that will make sure your skin is youthful.
Here are some quick ideas to try and implement in your life
- Skip using a straw, as it affects facial muscles and causes fine lines to appear
- Quit smoking, or at least try to reduce it as much as possible. Smoking is the biggest enemy to your youthful skin
- Consume foods high in antioxidants to prevent damage done by free radicals
- Consume foods high in protein to stimulate collagen production
- Lower your consumption of sugar and high sugar foods
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase
- Sleep on your back to ensure your face is not in contact with pollutants
- Make exercise a priority and try to do a workout at least 2 times per week
- Manage your stress
- Wear sunscreen every time you step out on the sun
How water can make your skin look radiant?
The best natural anti-aging tip is repeated over and over to the point it makes you roll your eyes. But it can really make a difference. It is simple. Drink water. The more, the better.
You should avoid the rule of 8 glasses per day. If you want to have healthy skin, you need a dramatic increase in your water consumption. Water can help improve the tone and texture of your face within 3 to 5 days. But you need to drink at least 3 liters of water per day.