It is sad to admit it, but with women, a lot of the opportunities are linked to appearance. We live in an era where women are judged on appearance. And with that in mind, discoloration in the area under arms is not something we find beautiful.
Knowing how to whiten armpits can help you feel more confident about yourself. But what to choose? Well, there are two ways you can try it. One is with natural ingredients, and the other is using the best underarm whitening creams.
To be fair, we suggest combining both methods for maximum results. Trying several different methods can give you an idea of what works best for your skin tone.
And because the summer season is quickly approaching, and with that, sleeveless dresses and summer dresses, you want your armpits to be sexy.
If you have dark skin in your underarm area, you can feel more confident when you learn how to treat the discoloration.
With that in mind, here is what you should do, what not to do, and how to find the best product.
- 1 Top 10 Best Underarm Whitening Creams
- 1.1 1. Xtreme Brite Brightening Gel
- 1.2 2. Asavea Whitening Cream for Sensitive Areas
- 1.3 3. Meladerm Hyper-pigmentation Cream
- 1.4 4. Relumins Advance White Underarm And Thigh Cream
- 1.5 5. Authentic Mosbeau Placenta White Underarm & Inner Thigh Whitening Cream
- 1.6 6. All Natural Armpit Brightener & Underarm Skincare
- 1.7 7. Divine Derriere Intimate Skin Lightening Gel
- 1.8 8. Nature Republic Armpit Wash And Whitening Cream Set
- 1.9 9. Amaira Natural Skincare Intimate Lightening Serum
- 1.10 10. Qraa Dark Underarm Whitening Cream
- 2 What not to do?
- 3 What causes discoloration in your underarm area?
- 4 How to prevent underarm darkening
- 5 Tips for bleaching skin
Top 10 Best Underarm Whitening Creams
1. Xtreme Brite Brightening Gel
This product has changed its formula, and still works decently for some people. But there are also users who reported that the gel did not work for them. A highly concentrated formula, the gel contains licorice extract, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, glycerin, and citric acid.
All of these ingredients work by removing dead skin cells from the underarms area and lightening the skin.
Additionally, the cream helps to moisturize your skin. You can use it on your entire body. For example, you can use to remove blackheads and cosmetic acne.
2. Asavea Whitening Cream for Sensitive Areas
Infused with vitamin E and skin brightening peptides, the whitening cream will help you achieve that elusive white skin.
It also helps moisturize your skin and protect it from dryness. You can use on entire body to reduce breakage and improve skin texture.
In addition to whitening ingredients, it also contains anti-aging nutrients that can restore shine. Use it to balance pH for a smoother and healthier complexion.
3. Meladerm Hyper-pigmentation Cream
With more than 10 advanced ingredients, this product was designed to target hyperpigmentation and darkening of the skin.
You can use on all skin types and comes in an airless dispenser to keep the product fresh. There are no parabens, mineral oils, sulfates, or hydroquinone in the product.
Dermatologically tested, it is one of the best products on the market. But even as such, it is not 100% guarantee it will work.
Yes, some users report there were no changes. However, there are more satisfied customers than not.
Click here to see our detailed review of Meladerm
4. Relumins Advance White Underarm And Thigh Cream
Specifically made for hard-to-whiten areas such as the underarms and inner thighs. This cream works on areas that tend to be darker than usual. With an intense and professional formula, this cream uses botanical ingredients like licorice, kojic acid, and rosehip oil.
The ingredients ensure the safest and most visible results. After a while, your skin will naturally be lighter, and the micro-gel technology ensures maximum absorption. You also control the production of melanin.
5. Authentic Mosbeau Placenta White Underarm & Inner Thigh Whitening Cream
The new and improved formula promise intensified whitening. You might be surprised by the “horse placenta” ingredient.
But in the last few years, this ingredient is dubbed as a miracle ingredient for skin issues. And not only that, horse placenta helps other health issues as well. In 2014, football player Diego Costa traveled to Serbia for treatment for his leg.
With that in mind, this cream is clinically proven and can also help cellular rejuvenation. Use with a whitening deodorant for best results.
6. All Natural Armpit Brightener & Underarm Skincare
Probably one of the cheapest underarm whitening creams on the market. You can use it as a deodorant as well. Constant use will result in silky soft, clean, and even-toned skin.
You can also use to clear bumps on your skin. Bear in mind, the cream does not work instantly. It takes a bit of time to see results.
The formula is with magnesium hydroxide that can neutralize negative and opposing smells on your body.
7. Divine Derriere Intimate Skin Lightening Gel
With its specific and unique formula, this cream was designed to whiten and even out the skin tone on more sensitive and private areas.
You can use it to fight off discoloration caused by tanning, hair removal, or hormones. Made with plant-based and dairy-based ingredients, the only downside is that it can cause allergic reactions in some cases.
The list of ingredients includes licorice extract, mulberry extract, kojic acid, Japanese mushrooms, and lactic acid from milk fermentation. If you are allergic to any of these ingredients, the cream will not be suitable for you.
8. Nature Republic Armpit Wash And Whitening Cream Set
This complete set is produced by a Korean company. The name says it all, as it is made using natural ingredients. The formula is specific for treating dark armpits.
Set contains cream, and armpit wash. You apply the wash first, and the cream second. The wash also contains exfoliating beads that remove dead skin cells, while the cream whitens the area.
With its powdery finish, you get a smooth result. And as a bonus, it has a pleasant fragrance as well.
9. Amaira Natural Skincare Intimate Lightening Serum
The product might have a high price tag, but it works. You get a 30ml serum, and it will last for a while. It is a slightly different whitening product. You can use on entire body, including the genital area, scrotum, underarm, face, and more. There is no hydroquinone in the formula, so there is no need to worry.
One downside is that the formula tends to dry up the skin. That makes applying a moisturizer afterward a must. Follow the instructions, and you will see results in lightening and fading dark spots, scars, discoloration, hyperpigmentation, and more. The manufacturer promises a skin tone of up to 3 shades lighter with long term usage.
10. Qraa Dark Underarm Whitening Cream
Loaded with natural extracts like tea tree oil, lavender oil, and lemon oil, the Qraa dark underarm whitening cream is affordable and effective. The unique formula can help you treat darkness by reducing the production of melanin.
You can also use it to treat dark spots, pimples, and rashes since all of the ingredients are natural. Without any parabens, artificial oils, artificial colors, and fragrances, the product is safe for usage on the whole body. And according to the manufacturer, the results will come within 10 days.
What not to do?
There are many natural treatments for skin bleaching. And there is nothing wrong in trying something natural. However, even with natural remedies, you have to be careful.
Because certain ingredients can treat your skin, but also cause some damage.
Here are some treatments we suggest you ignore.
- While lemon is commonly suggested as skin bleaching treatment, we want to warn you about rubbing lemon directly onto your skin. Lemon is acidic, and not completely safe for every day repeated use
- Another treatment we suggest you pass on is baking soda. Products that are either too acidic or too alkaline can damage the skin’s natural formation and pH balance
What causes discoloration in your underarm area?
In most cases, dark underarms are nothing serious. But be careful, in some cases, they can be a sign of a more serious problem. Check symptoms, and talk to a doctor before you try any product.
The biggest mistake you can make is to treat the symptoms, but not the underlying problem. What happens then is that your symptoms come back over and over again.
You need to talk to a doctor and dermatologist regarding what is causing your dark underarms. In most cases, they are caused by constant shaving or hormones. But you need to be safe.
Here are some common “non-problematic and serious” causes of dark armpits:
- Frequent shaving with a razor
- Accumulation of dead skin cells
- Hormonal imbalance caused by medications or conditions
- Friction and irritation caused by tight clothes
- Too much use of deodorants and antiperspirants
How to prevent underarm darkening
Prevention is always the best way to cure any problem. We will talk about the best underarm whitening creams, but if you can prevent discoloration, you might not need them.
Try to prevent these dark underarms by following these precaution measures;
- Stop shaving, and try any other hair removal methods for your underarm area. Waxing is much better, as it removes hair strands from the roots, and lowers the frequency of hair growth
- Remove dirt and oil on a regular basis from your underarms
- Do not use soaps with harsh chemicals in them
- Replace tight outfits with loose and breathable ones
Tips for bleaching skin
In addition to using the underarm whitening creams, we suggest you try some of these tips as well. They will maximize the efficiency of the creams you use.
- Wear sunscreen when you plan to be in the sun, and avoid sun damage that causes more melanin and darkens your skin
- Drink water to keep your skin refreshed and healthy, and appear brighter
- Apply the almond paste on your skin, a common method of skin bleaching. Soak almonds in warm water, and then grind them with milk to prepare the paste
- Exfoliate your skin on a regular basis to remove dead skin cells that might be the reason of your discoloration