Beauty marks are actually hyperpigmented skin that leaves a mole-like patch. But unlike common moles, beauty marks have a rough texture, not a smooth one.
To explain them, beauty spots represent a cluster of skin cells that have turned black or dark brown with pigment. Now, while most of them are harmless, they can be unsightly and can lower your self-esteem.
That is why many people are looking for ways for how to get rid of beauty marks.
Nowadays, there are surgical procedures, and there are home remedies for beauty marks. We firmly suggest you stick to the natural remedies and also try some antioxidants.
As a last resort, if nothing else helps, you can try a surgical procedure to get rid of beauty marks like laser mole removal. Before you do that, talk to a dermatologist.
How to get rid of beauty marks naturally
One of the most common remedies for how to get rid of beauty marks is garlic. Because of its many skin benefits, garlic can be used effectively.
Here is how.
- Crush one or two cloves of garlic into a paste. You can use the back of a spoon to crush the garlic to paste
- Place masking tape around the beauty spot. You need to protect the skin around it, as garlic can burn your skin. Place the paste only on the beauty mark. You can add petroleum jelly to create a barrier between your skin and garlic
- Use a cotton swab to apply the garlic, and then cover the mole with a bandage
- Leave the bandage for four hours, and then pull it off. Repeat three times per day, and you will see results in just two to four days
Garlic and onion are similar in their skin benefits. It is only natural you can use one of the two. Plus, onion comes without the unpleasant odor of garlic. The downside is this process takes a lot more time.
- Crush onion into onion juice. You’ll need just a few drops
- Apply onion juice drops to the beauty mark on a daily basis, and repeat the process for one month
- In one month, the pigment will start to diminish
Apple cider vinegar
There is no scientific evidence for any of these remedies. But it is well documented that apple cider vinegar can successfully treat beauty marks. You can also use it for age spots, warts, birthmarks, and moles.
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and place it on your mark
- Secure the cotton ball with a bandage, and allow the apple cider vinegar to work overnight
- In the morning, remove the bandage and wash your face with clean water. Repeat the process again in the night
Lemons are known for their blemishing power. Thanks to the acid in lemon juice, you can lighten up almost any mark on your face. That applies to beauty marks as well. While it will not remove the birthmark altogether, lemon juice can blemish it and make it less noticeable.
- Squeeze lemon juice, and then rub the juice onto the beauty mark two times per day
- Repeat the process, and you will lighten the skin gradually
When it comes to natural skin care, there are few products that can help like aloe vera. The gel of aloe vera is rich in vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, and vitamin E. How to apply it on beauty spots? Here is your guide:
- Take aloe vela gel straight from the leaves and apply on clean cotton
- Place the gel on the beauty marks
- Wait for a few hours, and then remove the cotton
- Use it twice per day to until you fully remove acne marks, dark patches, and beauty marks
Lemon, baking soda, and sugar
We said lemon is a natural bleaching agent, and with some other ingredients, it can make for a powerful scrub. Not only it will help get rid of beauty marks, but this scrub will also exfoliate the skin on your face. After using this scrub, your face will be free of bacteria, dust, and other debris on your face.
- Mix juice from half a lemon, a pinch of baking soda, and some sugar. Prepare a paste, and apply it on your skin
- Gently massage the scrub into your skin for a few minutes
- Rinse with water to exfoliate your skin
Ginger and grapefruit make for another powerful and potent paste that can help you exfoliate the skin and remove beauty marks. If you need more bleaching power, you can even add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Mix ginger paste and extract of grapefruit in 2:1 ratio. Add a few drops of lemon juice
- Apply the paste every day on the beauty mark or on your entire face
- It will take a couple of days before you see any difference
- If you want to use only ginger paste, leave it on the beauty mark overnight. Apply a bandage to keep it intact
Cumin seeds and Rice water
This might seem like a strange water to combat a dark spot on your face. But it is effective. Cumin seeds and rice water contain skin cleansing properties that will help you remove dark patches, acne scars, and everything in between.
- Boil two tablespoons of cumin seeds in two cups of water
- Drain the cumin seeds into a bowl
- Add one cup of rice water
- Pour the water into ice cube trays, freeze it, and then rube it on the affected area for three minutes
Coconut and olive oil massage
Coconut oil is a gift that keeps on giving. Olive oil as well. Both of these oils are rich in vitamin E and vitamin K, which help remove sun spots and dark patches on your skin. These vitamins also improve the elasticity and tone of your skin.
- Mix equal parts of coconut oil and olive oil
- Apply to the skin, and massage onto the desired area
- Continue massaging for five minutes, rubbing the oils in a circular motion
- Rinse with lukewarm water afterward
Tomato and Honey Facial Cleanser
This is one of the more unusual methods for how to get rid of beauty marks. After all, not many people love to put tomato onto their face. But if you can live with garlic, you can live with tomato as well. In addition to helping you get rid of beauty marks, the cleanser will also lighten dark patches, and clear your pores.
- Grind a tomato in the mixer. Drain the juice into a bowl, and add two teaspoons of honey
- Stir until you have a paste-like texture
- Apply to your face, and leave it to stay there for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water
Toothpaste is known as a remedy for removing pimples. But you can also use it to lighten dark patches on your skin. Toothpaste contains bleaching agents that can reduce your spots, and make the dark skin look much lighter.
- Apply toothpaste to the desired area with a Q-tip
- Let the toothpaste stay in the area for 30 minutes, and then wash it away with cold water
- Repeat two times per week until you see a difference
What are the surgical options?
If all else fails, you can always try a surgical option. There are two common surgical options for getting rid of beauty marks. Talk to a dermatologist to suggest the best option.
The first one is laser treatment that works on fairly small birthmarks. Bear in mind, this therapy will not eliminate them overnight.
There is one thing we have to mention though. And that is that laser treatment might make your skin highly sensitive. To combat that, apply sunscreen regularly and avoid going out in the high sun for a certain period. Sun exposure is now your biggest enemy.
Last, but not least, the procedure is costly. Not everyone can afford it. Depending on the size of the dark marks, you might need several sessions.
The other surgical option is “surgical excision”. This therapy is recommended when the mole-like patch is too big. Other surgical methods might not work, and you need a procedure. In this procedure, a surgeon will remove the excess skin by cutting it out. After that, the surgeon with stitch the spot. Sadly, this method can leave scars after stitching. And some of these scars can stay for good.