Lip scrubs provide a rejuvenating treatment for our lips that is often overlooked. While exfoliation is typically associated with skincare, giving our lips the same attention can lead to a healthier and more vibrant appearance. By gently removing dead skin cells, our lips can feel refreshed and look more youthful.
When seeking a solution for chapped lips, we can turn to various natural and DIY recipes for lip scrubs. Utilizing these homemade exfoliating agents not only benefits our lips but also promotes a more sustainable and eco-friendly approach to self-care. The key, however, is knowing how to make and properly use lip scrubs to achieve the best results.
Honey and Sugar Scrub
We recommend using a honey and sugar lip scrub for natural exfoliation and moisturizing benefits. Combine one teaspoon of raw honey with two teaspoons of sugar and gently massage the mixture on your lips. To enhance hydration, opt for Manuka honey. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes before removing it with a face washer.
Grapefruit and Lemonade
To create a citrusy lip scrub with moisturizing properties, we’ll need:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp wild orange honey
- 8 drops each of grapefruit and lemon essential oils
To make this, follow these steps:
- Mix all ingredients until achieving a smooth consistency
- Scoop the scrub into balm jars and store for up to 6 months
- Apply regularly for enhanced lip health
Mint Lip Scrub
We’ve found an excellent recipe for a mint lip scrub that includes sugar, honey, olive oil, and peppermint essential oil. Behold the powerful combination that not only exfoliates but also keeps your lips moisturized:
- Ingredients: ¼ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and 2 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Preparation: Mix all ingredients in a bowl until a coarse paste forms. Store it in a glass jar or container with a lid.
To use this soothing lip scrub, follow these steps:
- Soften the lips by holding a warm washcloth over them for 3 minutes.
- Apply the minty scrub and let it work its magic for 5 minutes.
- Gently wash off the scrub with a warm washcloth.
- Finish by applying lip balm to lock in the moisture.
This delightful mint lip scrub will leave your lips feeling refreshed, exfoliated, and moisturized. Enjoy the invigorating sensation of peppermint oil while taking care of your lips.
We can use coconut oil to create a beneficial lip scrub. It softens lips, provides a shiny look, and locks in moisture. Follow these steps to create a coconut sugar lip scrub:
- Mix 2 tbsp of coconut oil, 2 tbsp of coconut sugar, and 1 tbsp of honey in a small bowl and store in a glass jar.
- Spread the scrub over lips and gently massage for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and apply a hydrating lip balm.
Chocolate Lip Scrub
We present a delightful chocolate lip scrub to add a hint of cocoa flavor to your lips, leaving them looking and feeling soft, kissable, and irresistible.
- 3 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A small drizzle of honey
- Combine sugar, cocoa powder, olive oil, vanilla extract, and honey in a small bowl.
- Adjust consistency by adding more sugar (if too thin) or more honey/olive oil (if too thick).
- Transfer mixture to a sealed container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- When ready, apply a generous amount to your lips for 5 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Finish with a light coat of lip balm to lock in moisture and maintain smoothness.
Note: This scrub not only incorporates the desired chocolate flavor but also utilizes beneficial ingredients like cocoa butter to nourish and protect your lips.
Cinnamon Lip Scrub
Cinnamon, a natural lip plumper, enhances lips for a fuller appearance. We recommend a simple yet effective cinnamon lip scrub made by mixing:
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Blend these ingredients in a bowl, apply the mixture on your lips with fingertips, and gently slough off dead skin cells. Rinse with lukewarm water and follow up with your favorite lip balm for soft, plump lips.
Orange Peel Lip Scrub
Orange peel effectively treats discolored lips, evening out skin coloration. Almond oil in this lip scrub nourishes dry and chapped lips. Here’s how we create the lip scrub:
- Grind dried orange peel into a fine powder
- Mix together:
- 2 tablespoons dried orange peel powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 10 drops almond oil
- Gently scrub on lips for 30 seconds
- Wipe or wash with warm water
Repeat this process twice per week for best results.
Kiwi and Strawberry Scrub
We provide a nourishing lip scrub using fresh fruits, rich in antioxidants. To make the scrub:
- Puree 1 strawberry and ½ of kiwi in a blender
- Mix 6 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 2 drops of vitamin E
- Add in the pureed fruits to the mix, and continue mixing
- Apply the scrub using a circular motion to your lips for 30 seconds, allowing it to stay for 2-3 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
Enjoy fresh, nourished lips with our simple and effective scrub.
Raspberries are packed with antioxidants, making them an excellent ingredient for a DIY lip scrub. Here’s how we can create a simple, yet effective scrub:
- Mash four raspberries in a bowl using a fork
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Apply the scrub to your lips and let it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing with warm water
Enjoy the benefits of this natural, nourishing raspberry lip scrub!
Almond Lip Scrub
We recommend a simple yet effective almond lip scrub using almond oil and jojoba oil. This rejuvenating scrub prevents further damage and can be used more frequently.
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- Combine all ingredients and stir until well-blended.
- Gently rub the mixture onto your lips.
- Rinse to remove sugar, but try to leave almond and jojoba oils for extra lip hydration.
Lime and Honey Homemade Scrub
We recommend mixing 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of white sugar, and 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lime juice as a lip scrub. Apply the scrub to your lips using a spoon and gently rub it all over. After five minutes, rinse off and finish with lip gloss or lip balm. This scrub is perfect for obtaining vitamin C and a citrus flavor, using lime as an alternative to lemon.
Vitamin E Lip Scrub
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Combine honey, olive oil, vitamin E oil, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Gently apply the scrub to your lips using a clean finger, moving in circular motions.
- Rinse lips with lukewarm water.
Sea Salt and Sugar Scrub
We recommend using a blend of sea salt, coconut oil, and sugar for a potent exfoliating experience. This combination efficiently removes dead skin cells and leaves your lips smooth.
Steps to follow:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, ½ teaspoon of sugar, and 1 drop of lavender essential oil.
- Apply the mixture to your lips, and scrub in a circular motion.
- After one minute, rinse with lukewarm water.
Tips For Exfoliating Lips
We recommend gently exfoliating lips once a week. Remember not to apply too much pressure. Afterward, moisturize with a lip balm to keep lips soft and healthy.
How To Properly Store DIY Lip Scrubs
To maintain freshness of homemade lip scrubs:
- Store in clean, dry jars or containers.
- Sterilize container by immersing in hot water.
- Refrigerate the container.