If there is one thing in the beauty industry that has been gaining attention and capturing market like nothing else, it is good and effective skincare. Even if someone is not into beauty and makeup, skincare still stands out to be that one thing that most people do. The only difference might be the level, intensity and time that one invests in it. The reason that this has been a roaring practice over the years is because people are developing an understanding towards the importance of good skin and how it is directly mirrors their overall health and well-being. Having flawless skin, free of blemishes, fine lines, dry patches, and acne shows how healthy the inner body is.
Like everything else today, even the skincare industry has been revolutionized to a great extent. It isn’t only about cleansing, toning and moisturizing these days. As awareness is rising regarding the texture and pattern of skin, so is the means to take care of it. Thus in pursuit of this flawless, radiant and glowing skin, people are trying every trick in the book to achieve this desired outcome. This is where the gadgets come in that all beauty and skincare gurus have been raving about.
What are skincare tools? Skincare tools are devices that are used to enhance the skincare routine, through improved cleansing, better exfoliation thus resulting in smoother, even toned skin through better absorption of product. Skincare tools can range from as simple as just cleansing brushes, or exfoliating brushes or as advanced as dermaplaning tools, LED masks and gua sha.
Here are some tools that you can use if you want to jump on the skincare tools bandwagon but don’t know where to start.
- Cleansing brushes: Cleaning the face is the most basic step of any skincare routine, whether you are a teenager just stepping into the world of skincare or a pro who follows a twelve-step skincare routine. If you are a beginner to skincare and don’t want to dive too deep into tools that may seem too much to begin with, cleansing brushes is a great way to make a start. Sometimes regular washing our face, just with our fingertips don’t give that squeaky clean feeling and you end up feeling a film of gunk on your face that won’t go even with multiple washes. That happens probably due to the dirt and grime that is clogging the pores of your skin and they need something more than just fingertips. Cleansing devices like facial brushes and sonic cleaners provide a deep clean by removing excess oil and dirt from the face, leaving you with a smooth canvas.
- Microneedling devices: In the world that we are living in today, appearance is reality. Everyone is in the constant pursuit of looking younger and cutting some years from their face and body, be it celebrities trying to go for advanced and expensive procedures to hide the fine lines or the common public. Fine lines and wrinkles are one of the early signs of ageing and microneedling is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that tackles that. It helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating the growth of collagen, something known to boost the elasticity of skin. Like the name suggests, this procedure uses tiny, sterilized needles. This procedure also helps in the reduction of appearance of stretch marks, wrinkles and can provide an even toned and smoother skin.
- Gua sha and jade rollers: Skincare tools that are known to be highly relaxing and that have taken the skincare world by storm in the past few years are Gua sha and jade rollers. They are typically made of rose quartz or jade and are great for you if you are someone who suffers from undereye puffiness. Apart from this, they are an absolute boon in stimulating the lymphatic drainage and improving the blood circulation on the face, giving a healthy and radiant glow. Gua sha and facial rollers are known to give your face a natural sculpt and lifted glow, basically making them natural ways to contour your face, so you can ditch that contour powder. If you are interested in looking at some great options for gua sha and jade rollers, you can take a look here https://restanddigest.com.au/collections/skin-care-tools-1/
- Ice globes: Ice globes are more like tiny cooling wands, made of glass, that are spherical in shape, filled with cooling liquid or gel. With these, you can massage the stress away from your life. They provide a cooling sensation, making you feel relaxed and at ease. These can be used individually or as a cooling agent after procedures like microneedling or facials, in order to calm the skin down and soothe it.
- Ice rollers: If you are clumsy and handling artisanal glass is not your cup of tea, then this is the option for you. If you are someone who wakes up with those puffy and baggy eyes, making you look perpetually restless and sleepy, then another tool that you can invest in are ice facial rollers. Imagine what relief ice massage provides on the face on a scorching summer day. Ice rollers are here to make that process much more convenient for you. You can put them in the freezer the night before and use them in the morning, to reduce that redness on the face. It also helps you feel more refreshed and awake and it also has the added benefit of minimizing the appearance of enlarged pores.
- Facial steamers: If you don’t want to invest too much in the skincare tools and yet want something that is effective, but light on the pocket, you can opt for facial steamers. They are also great if you are running short of time and want a quick, spa like feel. They open pores, making the skin feel softer and smoother. They also help in the better absorption of products, thus increasing their efficiency.
- LED light masks: LED is not something only confined to your television units. With the advancing technology, LED has also entered the market of skincare. LED masks use different colored lights in order to target different skin conditions. They are even known to work on hyperpigmentation and stimulate collagen production.
Achieving great looking skin requires multiple small steps and a holistic approach, like eating right and using the right techniques and skincare tools. By incorporating skincare tools like facial cleansers, gua sha, microneedling or whatever that suits your skin type, one can take the skincare game to a different level. Although these tools must be used with caution and proper care and like is the case with everything else, consistency is the key in skincare. Invest your time and energy in order to achieve results. Nothing really happens in a snap of a second.