Watch any movie in which women go to a beauty salon. Almost certainly, there will be a scene with women and cucumber slices on their eyes. It is that simple. Cucumbers are a must in a skincare routine.
Cucumbers help you reduce wrinkles on your skin, hydrate your skin, tone your skin, and bring a number of other benefits. And the good news is, if you do not like them, you do not have to eat them. All you have to do is prepare a cucumber face mask, and apply it to your face.
Today, we will talk about the benefits of cucumbers, and how to harness those benefits in a mask for a healthier and smoother skin. Stay with us.
Benefits of cucumber
Cucumbers are loaded with vitamins and minerals. You can reap those benefits when you consume cucumbers in a salad, smoothie, or any other way. Most importantly, cucumbers are mostly composed of water, which helps you improve hydration.
The three main reasons why you want cucumbers on your skin is they are loaded with antioxidants, they have anti-inflammatory properties, and they contain vitamins like A, B1, C, and minerals like potassium.
Benefits of cucumber for your skin include:
- Tones your skin
- Hydrates and moisturizes your skin
- Lightens your skin
- Brightens your skin tone
With that in mind, here are ten cucumber face mask recipes you can try.
1. Cold cucumber compress
This is probably the simplest way to use cucumbers for your face. The best thing about cucumbers is that they are beneficial even without any processing or preparation. Use the cold cucumber compress to fight off wrinkles.
- Cut thin slices off of the end of a cucumber
- Place the slices in the fridge. Leave them to stay there for 15 minutes
- Sit or lie down so that your face is parallel with the floor. Place the cucumbers on your face and relax
- Stay in that position for 15 minutes, and then discard the slices. Continue with your day, there is no need to rinse or anything like that after the treatment
2. Cucumber juice mask
We said that if you like, you do not need to process the cucumber. But there is also the option to juice the cucumber and use it as a facial mask. The juice helps with sagging skin and any other signs of aging.
- Peel a large cucumber and cut it into slices. Place them in a food processor or a blender
- Puree the cucumber to a watery paste. Strain the juice. Wash your face with water to prepare it for the treatment. Apply the juice to your clean face, and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it again with cool water and pat it dry
3. Almond and cucumber face mask
Ideal for dry skin, this mask will rejuvenate and refresh your skin. Almonds are also packed with minerals and vitamins, ideal for nourishing and bringing back to life your dry skin. And cucumber will provide the necessary moisture.
You’ll need 1 tablespoon of almond butter, and ¼ of a cucumber.
- Peel the cucumber and cut it into small pieces. Add the pieces in a blender along with the almond butter
- Mix until you have a thick paste. Apply on your face, and leave it to stay for 10 minutes
- Rinse, and follow up with a moisturizer
4. Cucumber and aloe vera face mask
If you need a cucumber face mask that will help with damaged skin, this is it. Aloe vera is the most nourishing ingredient when it comes to facial skin.
There is a reason why aloe vera is part of almost any beauty product for your face and skin. The combination of aloe vera and cucumber will soothe your skin, hydrate, heal damaged parts, and nourish from within. And most importantly, it will reverse the aging process of your skin.
Want glowing and radiant youthful skin? Apply this mask as soon as possible.
- Cut half a cucumber into slices. Put the slices into a blender, and blend until you have a watery mixture
- Add two tablespoons of aloe vera gel ( you can find the best one on Globo Surf), and then continue to blend until you have a smooth paste
- Wash your face with water to prepare for the mask. If you have makeup on you, wash with an oil-free cleanser
- Massage the mask using circular and gentle movements on your face and neck
- Leave the mask to stay for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with cool water
5. Cucumber and yogurt mask
Yogurt is rich in probiotics, vitamins necessary to fight off bacteria on your skin. If you suffer from irritated and dry skin, then yogurt and cucumber is the combination you want and need. And it doesn’t take a large number of special ingredients to heal your facial skin.
This mask will tighten your pores, reduce redness, reduce irritation, reduce swelling, reduce inflammation, improve moisture of your skin, and promote healthy functioning of your skin’s protective barrier.
Here is how to make it.
- Peel of half a cucumber, and then place it in a blender. Mix until watery, and then move it to a bowl
- In the bowl, add the cucumber mixture along with 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Mix until the two ingredients are evenly distributed
- Wash your face, and then apply the mask. Spread an even layer. Leave the mask to stay for 15 minutes, and then rinse with lukewarm water. Follow up with a splash of cool water, which will help you close pores. Pat dry with a clean towel
6. Cucumber and carrot mask
Do you know how beneficial these two vegetables are for your skin? Some of us do not like to eat vegetables. But it is crucial that you consume vegetables packed with vitamins.
If you do not consume cucumber and carrots, at least apply them topically to your skin. Here is how to reap the benefits of these two ingredients in a cucumber face mask.
- Extract 1 tablespoon of fresh carrot juice and grate the cucumber for 1 tablespoon of cucumber. Mix the two together to get a paste-like consistency
- Add it in a bowl, and add one tablespoon of sour cream. Mix until you have a smooth paste
- Apply on your face, and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water
7. Cucumber and tomato face mask
Here is another vegetable that you can put on your face. This mask is designed to give you brighter and more radiant skin. And isn’t that something we all love?
- Mix a quarter of a cucumber, and then cut it into slices. Put in a blender, and add half a ripe tomato. Blend until you have a smooth consistency
- Apply the paste on your face and neck. Massage for a minute in a circular motion, and then leave it to stay for 15 minutes
- Rinse with cool water
8. Lemon and cucumber face mask
Being that lemon is a natural bleaching agent, this mask can help you reduce any discoloration of your face. And regular usage of the mask will control excess oil production.
- Mix 3 parts of cucumber juice and 1 part of lemon juice in a mixing bowl
- Apply the mask on your face and neck using a cotton ball
- Leave the mask to work its magic for 15 minutes, and then rinse with cool water
9. Cucumber and oatmeal mask
For those of you with acne-prone skin, this mask is magical. It can do wonders for any acne problems you might have. In the same time, the cucumber face mask will cleanse, refresh, and clear your skin.
- Add half a cucumber in a blender. Do not peel the cucumber. Once you blend it, transfer to a mixing bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and then stir. Then add 1 tablespoon of honey, and stir again
- Wash your face and neck to prepare the skin for the mask. Apply the mask using circular motions, and let it stay for 15 minutes on your face. Wash off with lukewarm water