The main ingredient in the recipe for dewy skin is simple, water. Dewy skin has an almost moist appearance, thanks to the natural oils reflecting light and creating a radiant and glowing look. If you think that the way for how to get dewy skin is only with makeup, you are wrong.
Yes, makeup can do wonders for you, and help you achieve that dewy skin you always wanted. But there are many other ways to achieve that look.
Today, we will tell you how to get dewy skin without makeup. And it is easier than you might think.
Some simple lifestyle changes, eliminating some bad skin habits, and you will transform your skin and complexion. Let’s take a look.
- 1 Lifestyle changes for dewy skin
- 2 Skin care tricks for dewy skin
- 3 Going from Oily to Dewy in 7 steps
Lifestyle changes for dewy skin
Drink more water
We said at the very beginning, the main ingredient in the recipe for dewy skin is water. It is no secret that water is healthy.
We know the benefits of water. But do we drink enough water? That is the problem. Water helps your skin by preventing wrinkles, flushing out toxins, and improving blood circulation to the skin.
How much water is enough? Let’s start with the basic 8 glasses of water per day. But try to drink more than that if possible.
Get enough sleep
Do you know what happens with your body when you do not get enough sleep? Troubles, and nothing more.
When your body is deprived of sleep, it produces hormones that you do not want. One of them is cortisol or the stress hormone.
This hormone can make your skin dry, and cause cravings for unhealthy food. Even worse, lack of sleep speeds up the aging process and contributes to getting acne.
Try to get at least 6 hours of sleep, with 8 hours being the preferable number.
This might be the single biggest mistake in skin care, and that is avoiding SPF products. Applying SPF products only when you are going to the beach is not enough.
You need SPF to slow down the aging process, prevent wrinkles, and make your skin look naturally radiant.
Apply SPF every time you are stepping out of the home.
Reduce bad skin habits
We all have them. Try to think of one skin habit that you know it is bad.
Do you touch your face all the time? Do you pop pimples? Do you forget to wash your face in the morning? Cut on all the bad skin habits, and you will notice results.
Stick to a balanced diet
You can eat your way to better skin. Your skin needs nourishment both from the outside and the inside. And eating clean is the way to nourish the skin from the inside.
Healthy fats, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, protein, all of these foods are important for your skin health.
Hang with your head upside down
This is one of the best tricks for glowing and radiant skin. It might sound absurd to you, but it works.
Hang for just three minutes, and you will notice a slight redness will appear on the skin. But in the long run, it will make a difference in getting an inner glow to your skin.
Why does it work? Because hanging upside down will bring more blood and oxygen to the face.
Embrace facial massages
We underestimate the power of a good facial massage. You might be getting your regular back massage, but your face needs those magic fingers as well.
Massaging your face will bring oxygenated blood and more nutrients to the face. It will also help your face and skin to absorb nutrients better.
Start at the base of the neck, and massage in gentle circles upwards. Move toward the jaw, up to the sides of the face, and then around the eyes.
Skin care tricks for dewy skin
Embrace skin mists
Skin mists are great for refreshing your look through the day. Give your face a good spritz. Skin mists also help hydrate your skin and make your skin look dewy.
When we say regularly, we mean once per week. Exfoliating is needed to get rid of debris, dead skin cells, and impurities trapped in your skin’s surface. Once your skin is free of those, it will glow.
Probably one of the simplest and easiest way to get instant glowing and radiant skin. Highlight with coconut oil, and your skin will transform.
Try illuminating moisturizer
Illuminating moisturizers give your skin an instant glow. They also moisturize the skin and provide hydration for the whole day.
Going from Oily to Dewy in 7 steps
You might think it is impossible to get dewy skin if you have oily skin. But that is just plain wrong.
Here is how to get dewy skin if you have oily one.
- Use mattifying primer and apply to areas where you get shinier throughout the day. Oily skin can add too much grease and shine to your skin, and you want to balance it out
- Apply mate foundation mixed with a luminizer to keep the oil in check. Keep the dewiness concentrated on the outer portions of your face. Mattify just the center, where oiliness is more present, like the T-zone
- Apply foundation with a sponge, which is perfect for getting into the nooks and crannies of your face. Use the sponge wet to prevent the foundation from looking heavy, and add even more moisture to the skin
- Apply cream bronzers and blush, with the bronzer around the perimeter of the face, while the blush to the apples of the cheeks. Apply these products before powdering
- The key to achieving dewy skin is not to look overly shiny. Therefore, you want to use a mattifying powder in areas where you get particularly oily, like the center of the face and the nose. Apply the powder with a wet sponge
- Load up on highlighter, as powder highlighters are perfect for oily skin. Apply them to the high points of the face, which are the top of the cheekbones, the cupid’s bow, and the bridge of the nose. This trick will attract light to the face in the areas where you want light
- Finish off with a setting spray. These setting sprays lock in the makeup, and do the work of setting powder, but without the cakey finish. Spritz a generous amount all over your face, and then let it dry to wear your makeup for the entire day