It might sound impossible, but it very much is possible. Yes, you can reduce the appearance of pores on your face without any makeup. Pores are big, round, and all over your face.
They are the place where pimples start. The reality is that you cannot remove pores. They are part of the anatomy of your skin. What you can do, however, is minimize their appearance.
With that in mind, while most of us go for toner, primer, or foundation that they apply over pores to conceal them, today, we will talk about ways to minimize pores without using makeup. It is all natural.
What are pores?
Before we get to the part how to minimize pores with a simple homemade solution, let’s explain what are they.
Pores have a purpose, whether you want to admit it or not. They are part of your body and perform a certain function like every other part of your body.
Pores are home for hair follicles and sebaceous glands. They serve as the gateway for sebum, which is the skin’s natural oil. Pores allow sebum to move to the surface, whether we like or not.
Now, what you need to understand is that your face needs a daily dose of oils. Otherwise, your facial skin will dry out. So, with that in mind, pores actually help our face and skin.
The problem is when they become enlarged, they look awful, and can reduce your self-esteem.
Why do pores look larger?
Pores can grow and reduce in size. One moment they might look big like black holes you cannot even look at. But the next week they might reduce in size, to the point they are not noticeable.
Pores grow in size when they are clogged. All the oil, dirt, sweat, makeup, and environmental pollutants can get inside the pores and clog them.
What happens next is the pores stretch, and look larger in appearance.
In the same time, aging and sun damage can also contribute to larger looking pores. Because aging and sun damage cause the facial tissue to thin, the pores appear larger.
These are where people reach for toning and firming facial creams. Sunscreen is also a must.
Simple trick to minimize pores
The fact of the matter is that you cannot get rid of pores. They are part of your genetic makeup, whether you like it nor. What you can do is reduce their size.
Today, we will show you a simple face mask that can shrink your pores, and give your face a soft and youthful glow. And you have all of the ingredients needed for the mask in your cuisine already.
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
How to do it?
- You can start by steaming your face to open up your pores. This help the mask penetrates deeper into your skin, and cleanse it from inside. The mask will be able to unclog your pores easily if you steam your face beforehand. But you can do it without the steaming as well
- Pour yogurt into a bowl, and then grate the lemon peel into the yogurt. Add some rose water for a soothing effect
- Mix the ingredients until you form a thick paste. Once you have the appropriate thickness, apply the mask on your face. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes, and then rinse off with cool water
- Finish off with some moisturizing cream
SEE ALSO: Top 5 Best Pore Minimizers
Five other ways to reduce pores
The lemon and yogurt mask is just one you can use to reduce pores. There are many other natural solutions. We want to put our focus on some that work on almost everyone, no matter the skin type.
With that in mind, if you need a quick fix for the pores as you are getting ready to go out, you might need to apply some makeup. But for a regular skin care routine and treatment of large pores, always go for natural remedies.
Here are some.
Aloe vera helps moisturize your face, and also provides a soothing effect. When applied topically, it helps cleanse your skin and nourish it from within with minerals and vitamins. No more clogged pores for sure.
- Extract aloe vera gel from the leaves of the plant. Massage the gel on your face for a few minutes
- Leave the gel to stay on your skin for 10 minutes, and then rinse with cool water
- Repeat the treatment once per day
Apple cider vinegar
Thanks to the acidity, apple cider vinegar helps cleanse your skin and shrink your pores. You can use apple cider vinegar as a toner on a daily basis.
Bonus points: apple cider vinegar will reduce inflammation, which is another major cause of acne.
- Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with one tablespoon of water
- Using a cotton ball, apply the solution on your face
- Let the solution dry on your face. Do not rinse. Repeat once per day
Because of its antibacterial properties, baking soda can help reduce pimples, acne, and other skin issues. In the same time, baking soda works as an exfoliating agent that will get rid of dead skin cells and other dirt clogging your pores.
Most importantly, baking soda will regulate the pH value of your skin, ensuring healthy and radiant glow.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of water to prepare a thick paste
- Apply the paste on your face, and gently massage in circular motion for 30 seconds
- Rinse with cool water and pat your face dry. Repeat once in three days
Known as one of the best remedies for skin issues, cucumber helps moisturize your skin and improve the texture. Cucumber also provides a soothing effect and nourishes the skin with minerals.
Not only helps reduce pore size, but cucumber also slows down the aging process. After applying this mask, your face will look a lot younger and healthier.
- Blend 4 cucumber slices in a blender, and then add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Mix them well, and then apply the mask on your face
- Leave the mask to stay for 15 minutes, and then rinse with cool water
Probably the simplest solution to minimize pores is using olive oil. After all, it is an ingredient most of us have at their home kitchen. We use olive oil for cooking, and now we will learn how to use the benefits for clear and healthy skin.
- Massage few drops of olive oil on the large pores on your skin in gentle circular motion for a few minutes
- Immediately after rinse with lukewarm water
- Repeat the treatment on a daily basis