We all want thick and long hair. And we want to do it naturally. We live in an era where people are more and more aware of the harmful chemicals found in cosmetic products. That is why we have turned our attention towards natural remedies.
With that in mind, natural hair growth remedies are one of the most wanted remedies. And both men and women want them.
Why is that?
Simple, nowadays, you can see one of your friends has a problem with hair loss. We have to admit it, hair loss is becoming a more and more serious problem.
Because of the ongoing rise in air pollution, as well as fewer vitamins and minerals in our diet, hair loss is spreading among people of all ages.
On the market, there are many products you can find that promise they can help you with the hair loss problem. Sadly, they are made with a couple of harsh chemicals that can help you grow hair, but also provide adverse side effects.
Why are you losing hair?
Before we get to the solution for hair growth, we have to understand and discuss why you are suffering from a hair loss problem.
Here are the main causes of hair loss.
- Physical stress caused by illnesses like common cold and flu. These illnesses can harm the hair cycle and reduce hair growth
- Lack of protein in your diet, as the hair is made of protein called keratin. Without protein in your diet, you cannot expect healthy hair growth
- Emotional stress, which often triggers anxiety and stress leading to even more imbalance in your hormonal levels
- Deficiency of iron, or anemia, which leads to fatigue, dizziness, tiredness, and severe hair loss. Iron is crucial for healthy lifestyle, and without it, our hair suffers
- Vitamin B deficiency can also lead to dramatic hair loss
- Dramatic weight loss. Usually, when we lose weight loss dramatically, we do that by following a strict diet limiting our sources of food. And that means limiting vitamins and minerals, which we know leads to hair loss
How to make a natural hair growth serum?
As mentioned previously, we live in an era where people are focusing on natural remedies more and more. Before we get to the ingredients and how to do it an aspect of this serum, let’s talk about the benefits.
You have to remember, every hair remedy takes a while to show visual effects. However, with this overnight serum, you can expect results after just a few applications.
It is well worth it. The three key ingredients are essential oils, which are rosemary, lavender, and clary sage essential oil.
Rosemary essential oil helps soothe your itchy scalp, and in the same time increases blood circulation.
Basically, the essential oil allows more blood and nutrients to be delivered to your hair roots and scalp, stimulating and speeding up hair growth. And rosemary essential oil provides anti-inflammatory benefits, which prevent the hair loss problem.
Lavender essential oil penetrates deeply into your hair, and cleanses from impurities that prevent your hair from growing. These include bacteria, fungus, and dandruff.
Thanks to its antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties, lavender prevents any infections causing hair loss.
Last, but not least, we have clary sage oil, which improves blood circulation and eliminates issues like baldness and bald patches.
In addition to the essential oils, this serum contains other helpful natural ingredients for hair growth like aloe vera, nettle leaves, and horsetail leaves.
They provide vitamins and minerals that nourish your hair from within.
- 3 cups of distilled water
- 30 drops of lavender essential oil
- 30 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 30 drops of clary sage essential oil
- 5 tablespoons of dried nettle leaves
- 5 tablespoons of dried horsetail leaves
- 5 tablespoons of aloe vera
- Start by bringing the distilled water to boil
- Once the water starts boiling, add nettle leaves and horsetail leaves in the mix. Turn the heat off
- Wait for 10 to 15 minutes. During this time, the water gets infused with the leaves. In the same time, the water will cool down a bit
- Now that the water is cooled down, put the mixture in a spray bottle. Remove the remaining of the herbs, as you only need the water
- Add aloe vera gel extracted from aloe vera leaves. Shake well to mix the solution in the bottle
- It is now time to add the essential oils. Add the oils one by one, and shake well after every addition
- Apply the serum on your hair before going to bed. Shake well before each use. Repeat on a daily basis. Keep the solution in cold and dark place
- Use the serum up to 3 months, and then pause for a month. Prepare a new solution, and use it again
Click here to see our reviews for best hair growth shampoos.