When it comes to short haircuts for thick hair, one of the best options is a stacked bob. These stacked layers allow your hair to look bulky, and also adds shape and volume to your appearance.
But as we move down the list, you will see that stacked bob is not the only haircut you can try for short and thick hair. There are many other options you can try, including variations of the bob.
And no matter if you have straight, curly, coarse, or texturized thick hair, rest assured there is a short haircut and style for your hair. Thick hair means the volume on top of your head comes naturally.
So, with that in mind, here are some ideas for short haircuts for thick hair. Get the hot look you crave, as we show you the best looks for thick hair.
- 1 1. Colorful Shaggy Long Pixie With Side Bangs
- 2 2. Textured Pixie With Longer Bangs And Babylights
- 3 3. Buzzed Pixie With Soft Curled Top
- 4 4. Purple A-Line Bob
- 5 5. Wavy Brown Lob With Honey Blond Highlights
- 6 6. Sectioned Bob With Juicy Curls
- 7 7. Shoulder Length Textured Highlighted Blond
- 8 8. Long Pixie And Razor Cut Textures
- 9 9. Black Curled Pixie
- 10 10. Layered Bob With Highlighted Long Bangs
- 11 11. Silverfox Bob With Darker Undertones
- 12 12. Shaggy Long Pixie With Side Swept Bangs
- 13 13. Honey Blonde Sectioned Shoulder Length With Styled Flicks
- 14 14. Natural Curled Waves On Short Bob With Lemon Braids
- 15 15. Slick Black Pixie With Undercut
- 16 16. Long Layers Hair Cut With Voluminous Blow Dry Style
- 17 17. Pixie Blonde Coiled Curls
- 18 18. Layered Highlighted Pixie With Stacked Nape
- 19 19. Long Asymmetrical Pixie With Soft Highlights
- 20 20. Rose Gold Bob With Magenta Peek-A-Boo
- 21 21. Voluminous Pixie In Natural Curls
- 22 22. Uneven Black Pixie With Modern Undercut And White Streaks
- 23 23. Brown With Caramel Highlights On Layered Blown-Out Bob
- 24 24. Wavy Red Lob With Side Swept Bangs
- 25 25. Longer Layered Pixie With Side Bangs And Waves
- 26 26. Platinum Blonde A-Line Bob With Unicorn Peek-A-Boo
- 27 27. Textured A-Line Pixie With Undercut
- 28 28. Shaggy Blonde Bob With Multi-Colored Streak And Feathery Bangs
- 29 29. Balayaged Blunt Lob With Soft Waves
1. Colorful Shaggy Long Pixie With Side Bangs
Let’s start off with a shaggy cut. Shaggy haircuts are gorgeous, and they allow you to cut your hair in different lengths and layers. And whether you opt for a long shaggy cut, or a bob, it is up to you. With some colors on top, you add even more layers to your hair.
2. Textured Pixie With Longer Bangs And Babylights
The pixie is tailor made for women with thick hair. Your hair already has the volume and texture you need for a pixie, you just need to style it properly. With baby highlights, you add some playfulness to your hair.
3. Buzzed Pixie With Soft Curled Top
We said previously that it doesn’t matter if you have curly or coarse hair, there is a short haircut for you. Curly pixie looks even more gorgeous, and we recommend getting an undercut as well. This will help you put emphasize on the pixie on top.
4. Purple A-Line Bob
There are so many variations of the bob. And we said that the bob is best suited for short and thick hair.Best part about A-line bob? It works on all hair shapes and hair types.
5. Wavy Brown Lob With Honey Blond Highlights
Lob is basically a bob for a longer length hair. With that in mind, if you want to let your hair grow a tad longer, up to shoulder length, you can still get a bob.
6. Sectioned Bob With Juicy Curls
Sectioned hairstyles allow you to get a blended look. Sectioning is the key to achieving some of the hottest hairstyle trends. Once you master the technique, you can try something unique, as a juicy curls bob.
7. Shoulder Length Textured Highlighted Blond
Simple, yet elegant and beautiful. In some cases, you do not need to experiment a lot. Just let your hair fall down naturally, and get some highlights to stand out.
8. Long Pixie And Razor Cut Textures
Some women want to add some edginess to their hairstyles. You can do that with razor cut textures. They give you a sharp look, and ensure you look fearsome.
9. Black Curled Pixie
Probably one of the iconic hairstyles. Several years ago, this curled pixie was reserved only for African-American women. But no longer. This iconic Harlem style haircut has entered the mainstream hair trends.
10. Layered Bob With Highlighted Long Bangs
Layers are a perfect technique for taking care of thick hair. Your hair already has the volume you need, it is just a matter of styling it properly. Layered bob hairstyles are universal, and you can wear them for almost every occasion.
11. Silverfox Bob With Darker Undertones
It is just a matter of time when your hair starts turning gray. There is no escaping it. What you can do is embrace it, and get the best-looking gray hairstyle possible.
12. Shaggy Long Pixie With Side Swept Bangs
There are so many different ways you can try a shaggy haircut. Side bangs, bangs, or no bangs at all. It all comes down to your preference. Side bangs allow you to emphasize your good side.
13. Honey Blonde Sectioned Shoulder Length With Styled Flicks
For those with a bit longer hair, and tired of the updo, flicks are the next best thing. They are one of the most easily recognizable hairstyles.
14. Natural Curled Waves On Short Bob With Lemon Braids
Braids are a protective hairstyle that you have to try at least once in your life. There is no running away from that. What type of braids you choose is up to you. But when it comes to short thick hairstyles, braids are a logical choice.
15. Slick Black Pixie With Undercut
This hairstyle might look a more masculine than feminine, but some women love that. Classy, elegant, and sophisticated, it is definitely an empowering hairstyle. Try it.
16. Long Layers Hair Cut With Voluminous Blow Dry Style
When you are in need of some volume, there is no better way than to blow dry your hair. Simple, and easy to do at home, you can get more volume in a matter of minutes. And if you have different layers and lengths, it looks that much more interesting.
17. Pixie Blonde Coiled Curls
This is another iconic African American hairstyle. It is a great retro look, if you are going to a 90s party. Think Spice Girls and Mel-B type hairstyle. Vintage is making a comeback, and it is time to jump on the trend.
18. Layered Highlighted Pixie With Stacked Nape
The pixie is the second most popular haircut for short thick hairstyles. The first one is the bob, but the pixie works as good. And there are many variations of the pixie. Try the layered pixie for more texture and volume to your hair.
19. Long Asymmetrical Pixie With Soft Highlights
In the past few years, we’ve seen a couple of asymmetrical hairstyles. The asymmetrical bob started the trend, but we got some other good ideas as well. Like the asymmetrical pixie, for example.
20. Rose Gold Bob With Magenta Peek-A-Boo
It is all about the hair coloring here. Peek-a-boo hair coloring is a nice and interesting trend. The trick is to get a color that pops instantly.
21. Voluminous Pixie In Natural Curls
We had some similar pixie curls, but this is an iconic look. The curly pixie cuts down on your styling time. And it the same time, makes your curly hair easier to maintain and behave.
22. Uneven Black Pixie With Modern Undercut And White Streaks
Definitely edgy and urban look. Chic and modern, this is a hairstyle tailor made for a young and independent woman. Don’t think of the gray highlights as a sign of growing old. Instead, it is a way to fight off aging.
23. Brown With Caramel Highlights On Layered Blown-Out Bob
Blow drying definitely brings out the best of your layered hairstyle. Just look at how emphasized the layers are. And it will take you only a couple of minutes at home.
24. Wavy Red Lob With Side Swept Bangs
Again, it is all about the hair color. Not many women are bold enough to try red. But if you can wear it with pride, red is absolutely one of the sexiest looks.
25. Longer Layered Pixie With Side Bangs And Waves
In most cases, women go either for waves or bangs. But every now and then, you can get everything. Or, in this case, both waves and bangs for a modern and sophisticated look.
26. Platinum Blonde A-Line Bob With Unicorn Peek-A-Boo
We talked about the peek-a-boo trend before. And we said the trick is to get a hair color that pops instantly. Well, is there anything better than the rainbow? Not one, but all the colors of the rainbow.
27. Textured A-Line Pixie With Undercut
If your goal is to emphasize the thickness, texture, and volume of your hair, this hairstyle is perfect. The undercut is not noticeable thanks to the texture and volume of your hair. And there is a lot of hair to work with.
28. Shaggy Blonde Bob With Multi-Colored Streak And Feathery Bangs
The best part about the shaggy bob is that it can suit women of all ages. And you can adjust it to any fashionable style you want to achieve.
29. Balayaged Blunt Lob With Soft Waves
We would like to finish the list of short hairstyles for thick hair with a classic, and still good enough look. The balayage technique was at the peak of its popularity some few years ago. But it is still a nice option.
Try some of the ideas above, and share how you like it. Or, you can share some other ideas for thick and short hair.